Feel the love this summer
March 3, 2019
Six romantic boltholes by the sea with summer availability.
Cornwall is filled to the brim with romance with its white sand beaches, fiery sunsets and a magical coastline providing you with all the ingredients for a romantic break. Below we give you six beachside properties that are sure to get you feeling the love.
A cosy cabin made for two, Lobster Pot is set off the beaten track, offering a unique and romantic hideaway for couples. You will truly unwind at this tranquil retreat, with its large wood burner for cosy nights in, twinkling fairy lights on the decking and its stunning coastal interior.
Porthcothan beach is one of Cornwall’s secret bays, providing an ‘away from it all’ feeling for you and your loved one. Pack up a picnic and spend the day in the sun, or if you’re feeling more active, walk the coast path to the picturesque Padstow harbour, where you’ll find an abundance of cafes, shops and restaurants including the popular Rick Stein’s Seafood Restaurant and Paul Ainsworth at No6.
- 11 beautiful beaches to explore, all within a 30-minute drive. The nearest is Porthcothan, 1 mile down the road.
- The peaceful location. Sit on your decking under the fairylights and relax with a bottle of something bubbly.
Bijou is a luxury first floor apartment overlooking the ferry to Padstow and the picturesque Camel Estuary with its bobbing boats, kayakers, wind surfers and stand up paddle boarders. Its prime position in the centre of Rock and its spectacular sea views from every room, make this the perfect retreat for couples.
Known for its array of sophisticated eateries, Rock is home to No.1 Rock Road, Nathan Outlaw’s Mariner’s Rock, Rock Inn, Rock Sailing Club, The Dining Club and the very popular Blue Tomato located directly next door. The quaint fishing village of Padstow offers Rick Stein’s Seafood Restaurant, Paul Ainsworth’s No 6 or Rojano’s in the square.
- The fantastic location right in the centre of Rock, surrounded by the Camel Estuary and picture perfect sea views.
- Hop on and off the taxi boat and head into Padstow, leave the car in your private parking spot.
Tucked away from the harbour, Toms Cottage is a charming eighteenth century fisherman’s cottage perfect for a romantic getaway this summer. The port is a 2-minute stroll from the cottage, with waterfront shops, cafes and restaurants. A destination popular with food lovers, dine at Amelies seafood restaurant, Rick Stein’s fish and chips or Kota, which serves seafood with an Asian twist.
- Fantastic array of eateries all within walking distance including Amelies, Rick Stein and Kota.
- Experience an original cosy Cornish cottages from the 18th century.
With an ever-changing backdrop, 5 miles of golden sand and spectacular clifftop walks, Whirlwind in Whitsand Bay is perfect for a wild romantic break. Off the beaten track, this cosy bolthole for two comes with a private patio area, providing an intimate space for sitting under a blanket of stars.
This beautiful stretch of Cornwall is a great place to get away from all the hectic demands of modern life. Pottering about on the sand, exploring the winding cliff paths and strolling to the nearby cafe’s for lunch, making life simple and relaxing is what Whitsand Bay is all about.
- Being positioned on the edge of a cliff, with a beautiful terrace overlooking Whitsand Bay.
- Full-width bi-fold glass doors so guests can make the most of the views.
Cuddle-up together in a cosy fisherman’s cottage, nestled between two headlands in the heart of Boscastle in Cornwall. Harbourside Cottage sleeps 2 guests with lovely views of the river and the headland towards the sea. Thoughtfully renovated to retain lots of period features, the cottage boasts a wood burning stove, deep slate-lined window recesses and original beams.
For a romantic stroll, wander along the riverside towards the historic harbour where the river meets the ocean and watch the waves roll in. Mesmerised by the beauty of the harbour, explore the ancient museum of witchcraft and magic and become spellbound by stories and exhibitions
- It’s perfect position in the centre of Boscastle, close to the shops, restaurants and water’s edge.
- Cosy Cornish cottages don’t get more romantic than this. The decor and setting oozes with love.