WHERE IS IT?
Just a few barefoot steps from Porth beach, you will find The Beach House, a fabulous seven bedroom home with a front row seat to the Atlantic rollers and north Cornwall's fiery sunsets. Here we welcome lazy days and al fresco dining from your private garden, balcony or even the beach, in which our guests have direct access to from the garden.
When children draw a seaside scene, they draw Porth. Streams, rockpools and caves beg to be explored, whilst a sweep of beach provides ample terrain for sandcastle building and sand-fairy making. Families, adventurers and explorers of all ages will lose hour after happy hour here.
A narrow wooden footbridge leads to Porth Island, a headland full of history. Watch in awe at mid tide, particularly on windy days, as the blow hole shoots rainbow sprays of water. Embrace the theatre of Porth Island any time of day or all year round, just wrap up warm and bring a camera to capture dramatic sunrises and storms alike.
Back down on the beach, melted strawberry ice cream drips down sides of candy cones and sizzling tapas is served at Porth's beachside eateries. Once you've soaked up the Porth scene, try heading towards Newquay's bays, up the coast path to Whipsiderry and Watergate, or towards the rolling cliffs of Mawgan Porth and Bedruthan Steps.
- Open the door and immerse yourself in this seriously special coastal abode.
- A detached seven bedroom house in a front row position directly on Porth beach.
- Entering the house at Level three, the large hall has a guest cloakroom and two staircases, one up to the top floor (level four) with four bedrooms and two bathrooms, and one down to level two leading to a further staircase down to the Beach Level.
- Enviable and spacious open plan living and dining area on level three which is sure to take your breath away.
- At one end of the living room there is a contemporary log burner, a large flat screen tv with Sky box, two x four seater sofas, armchair, wall lights, table lamps and picture perfect beach and ocean views.
- The far end of the living area has an oak table and chairs seating six, with a large opening to a beautiful sunroom.
- Awe-inspiring sunroom with dining table, seating for fourteen, roof lanterns, floor to ceiling windows overlooking the beach and patio doors leading to a balcony with table and chairs. The sunroom also has Bluetooth ceiling speakers for guests' own choice of music.
- Coastal design, fully equipped kitchen with a feature Rangemaster cooker with double oven, gas hob, a large fridge-freezer, two dishwashers, microwave, kettle, Nespresso coffee machine, Vitamix, butchers block for prepping food and a door to the outside bin storage area.
- The utility room off the kitchen has two washing machines, two condenser tumble dryers another large fridge/freezer, iron and ironing board.
- Another smaller sitting room sits between the kitchen and sunroom which has seating, TV, DVD player, books and board games for a rainy day.
- Luxurious cinema room on the beach level with eight leather cinema seats and 85 inch internet tv with Blue ray/DVD player. Download your favourite films or TV series from Netflix or just put on one of our films.
- The cinema seats are leather electric recliners, with drink holders and under seat lighting. Plus, there are two leather bean bags for those a little smaller.
- Spacious games room on beach level with football table, table tennis table, wall mounted TV with Freeview, floor to ceiling windows and patio doors leading out to the large terrace, garden and beach.
- Fitness room on beach level with a treadmill, exercise bike, yoga mats, sauna and a rainfall shower.
- Seven bedrooms, four bathrooms, shower and wc over three floors.
- Master bedroom on Level two with super king size bed, triple wardrobe, chest of drawers, dressing table, TV with Freeview, DVD player, large windows offering fantastic sea views from the bed and patio doors leading to a long glass balcony.
- En-suite with rainfall shower, heated towel rail, wash basin and wc.
- Cosy sitting room separates the master bedroom from a further two bedrooms, with a patio door leading to the balcony.
- Bedroom two on Level two has a king size bed, double wardrobe, chest of drawers, TV with Freeview, bedside tables, sea views and bed/ottoman suitable for a child.
- Bedroom three on Level two has two single beds, wall mounted TV with Freeview, chest of drawers, double wardrobe and bedside table. It has a limited sea view and shares a bathroom with the king bedroom with bath, over bath shower, wc and sink and heated towel rail.
- Bedroom four on Level four has a king size bed, wall mounted TV with Freeview, chest of drawers, double wardrobe, bedside tables, lamps and large windows bringing in plenty of light and a window seat, for watching the world go by.
- Bedroom five on Level four has a king bed, sea view, triple wardrobe, bedside tables, tv and bed/ottoman suitable for a child.
- Bedroom six on Level four has a super king bed (can be made into two singles), chair, fully fitted sliding wardrobes, 43 inch TV with Freeview and beach views.
- Bedroom seven on Level four has a queen size zip & link bed (can be made into two singles), estuary views from the side window, wardrobe, chest of drawers and a sofa.
- The bedrooms on Level four share two bathrooms: one with a bath, over bath shower, wc, sink and heated towel rail.
- The other has a large walk- in shower, wc, sink and heated towel rail.
- Large private driveway with parking for up to eight vehicles.
- Access on both sides of the house to the back garden and beach through coded gates.
- Two large balconies, one at level three and one on level two.
- Stone patio in the back garden with dining for 14, a gas BBQ, sun loungers and patio umbrellas.
- Fully enclosed rear garden overlooking Porth beach and, in addition to the large patio, there is a semi circular patio at the bottom of the garden, protected by a Cornish stone wall, complete with a sofa set, chairs and umbrella.
- Feature World War II bunker with walled patio above, with wonderful views of the beach. This has Adirondack chairs and a firepit on it.
- At the bottom of the garden, there is a coded gate which has direct access to the beach.
- Outdoor shower for cleaning sandy bodies and salty wetsuits.
NEED TO KNOW:
- Sorry, no smoking within the house or anywhere on the premises.
- Two well behaved dogs welcome (extra charge applies).
- Please note there is a seasonal dog ban on Porth beach between 10am to 6pm from 15 May to 30 September.
- Sorry no cats welcome.
- Refundable damage deposit of £750, due with full balance.
- Sorry, no short breaks.
- Please note this property has CCTV on the front door, covering the parking area and entrance to the property.
WHAT CAN I WALK TO?
- Cafe Coast.
- Gwenna Tea room.
- Porth beach.
- Mermaid Pub.
- The Moroccan Spa at Sands Hotel.
- Roo's Beach Shop. and Caf?.
- Estrella Morada Tapas Bar.
- Lusty Glaze beach, restaurant and water sports.
- Tolcarne beach and Colonial restaurant.
- Towan beach.
- The Mermaid pub.
- Co-op and Tesco Express supermarkets 15-20 mins walk.
- Watergate Bay beach.
- The Beach Hut, Watergate Bay.
- Newquay town centre and it's collection of restaurants, shops, galleries and pubs.