WHERE IS IT?
Egret View is an impressive detached house in an elevated position with everchanging views over the River Gannel. This is a dream retreat for adults and children alike, with beautiful interiors, scenic entertaining spaces and unique play features throughout.
The Gannel is a turquoise river lined with rich greenery which runs down to the much-loved Crantock beach. Enjoy crabbing, kayaking, stand up paddleboarding or simply sit beside the gentle river flow and watch an abundance of wildlife roam about. At low tide, take the walk along the river banks to Crantock's steep sand dunes and foaming seas, a perfect family friendly beach which calls out for days of adventure.
On the other side of the headland, just a few minutes walk away, sits Fistral Beach. World famous for its epic surf and spirit, Fistral invites you to dive headfirst into the action- just grab a board and get amongst the swell, before peeling some fire-pit flamed king prawns and sampling a cocktail at the iconic beachside restaurant complex.
Across the cliff top path towards Little Fistral and its surrounding coves, you'll discover a more leisurely feel. Sand and shingle spill out between barnacle-dotted pools, perfect for carving out a secret space which feels like it belongs only to you, away from the busy chatter of the main bay.
Fancy stretching your legs? Wait for low tide and take a stroll around the headland, past Newquay's historical Huer's Hut and across the town's seven beaches, rewarding yourself with an ice cream when you're done. Watergate Bay is just a 10-minute drive away with its rolling surf and eateries, or Perranporth and its quirky shops can also be reached by car.
- An incredibly spacious contemporary property perfect for large families, with an upside-down living style across two floors featuring six bedrooms, five bathrooms, sizable living/ dining area and games room.
- This property is beautifully designed with coastal inspired decor and benefits from extensive river, countryside and sea views.
- This is also dream house for children, featuring a floor to ceiling climbing wall, kids play boat, bunk beds with a slide and an adaptable pool/ table tennis/ air hockey table.
- Large open plan living, dining and kitchen space on the first floor, with floor to ceiling sliding glass doors leading to the balcony overlooking the ebb and flow of the River Gannel.
- First seating area with a two seater sofa, four chairs, feature fireplace, side table and coffee table, facing the river views.
- Second seating area with three 3 seater sofas, footstool, 55 inch Smart TV and side tables overlooking the rear terrace.
- Children's life size rowing boat complete with sea life cushions and benches, perfect for playing and sitting in.
- The space also benefits from an impressive vaulted ceiling with feature wooden beams and large lantern style hanging lampshades.
- Dining space features a large, square oak table with twelve chairs overlooking the river views.
- Kitchen space with central island, four stools, gas hob, double oven, fridge freezer, two dishwashers, toaster, kettle, glass cabinet, built in bench seat, two chairs overlooking the views, sliding doors onto balcony and additional door to side of balcony.
- Additional sitting/ games room on the ground floor featuring an impressive floor to ceiling climbing wall for children- please note safety cushions must be positioned below wall when in use.
- Room also features an adaptable table tennis/ pool table/ air hockey table, sofa, armchair, 49 inch Smart TV, coffee table, chest of drawers, selection of board games and sliding doors to the garden.
- Utility room on the ground floor with washing machine, tumble dryer, sink, second fridge freezer, selection of vintage skim boards, bench with shoe storage and hooks for coats, and door to garden.
- Large stone floor entrance hallway with rocking chair and bench.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Underfloor heating under the hard floor areas, central heating in bedrooms.
- Six bedrooms all on the ground floor.
- Master bedroom featuring super king size bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, two bedside tables and views of the river and countryside.
- Master ensuite with freestanding roll top bath, walk in rainfall shower, heated towel rail, basin and WC.
- Second bedroom featuring a super king size bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, two bedside tables and views of the river and countryside.
- Third bedroom featuring a single 3 foot bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers and one bedside table.
- Fourth bedroom featuring a super king size zip and link size bed (can be made into two singles), wardrobe, chest of drawers, two bedside tables, chair and view of garden.
- Fifth bedroom featuring a double bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, two bedside tables, chair and view of river and countryside.
- Sixth bedroom is the dream kids room, with bespoke 3 foot bunk beds with stairs and a slide with secret play area underneath, chest of drawers, side table, hanging rail and garden views.
- Family bathroom on the ground floor with bath, shower overhead, heated towel rail, basin and WC.
- Second bathroom on the ground floor with walk in rainfall shower, heated towel rail, basin and WC.
- Third bathroom on the ground floor with walk in rainfall shower, heated towel rail, basin and WC.
- Fourth bathroom on the first floor with basin and WC.
- Large wrap around south-facing glass balcony, partially under cover and accessible from the first floor living space, with extensive views over the ever changing Gannel River, countryside and down towards Crantock Beach and sand dunes.
- Balcony features a large wooden table with benches, the perfect spot for outdoor dining or a glass of wine at sunset.
- Large south facing sun deck on the ground floor, featuring a rattan corner sofa, coffee table and views of the river and towards Crantock Beach.
- Large enclosed garden to the rear of the property, featuring a grass lawn, shrubs and plants, a BBQ and a washing line.
- Eight deck chairs and comfortable bean bags are also available for use in either the front balconies or rear garden.
- Six allocated parking spaces, at the front, rear and in the garage.
- Electric car charging point.
- Hot outdoor shower.
- Storage space in large garage at front of property.
NEED TO KNOW:
- Sorry, no dogs allowed.
- No smoking within the property.
- Refundable damage deposit of £1000 due with full balance.
WHAT CAN I WALK TO:
- Crantock Beach.
- The River Gannel.
- Fistral Beach.
- Fern Pit Cafe overlooking the river.
- The award-winning Headland Hotel for their spa, treatments and restaurant.
- Fistral Beach Hotel Spa.
- Fistral Beach Surf School and Hire and surf shops including Fat Face, Ann's Cottage and Animal.
- The Stable restaurant.
- The Fish House restaurant.
- Fistral Beach bar.
- Pentire headland, the perfect sunset spot, and Lewinnick Lodge restaurant.
- Rick Stein's fish and chip restaurant.
- Newquay and its collection of beaches, shops, restaurants, cafes and pubs.